WEDDINGS, RECEPTIONS AND REHEARSAL DINNERS:
If you’re planning a traditional or nontraditional wedding without the church organ, PensaCola Steel makes your ceremony very unique and memorable. Whether performing surf-side for beach wedding ceremonies, pool side at a resort, or just out under the green trees and deep blue skies, PensaCola Steel is the perfect complement to your special occasion.
Performance Options for Weddings:
Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Reception
For a quote, please use our contact form on the right hand side of the page, visit our Contact page, or just email us at ambrock (at) cox (dot) net
Standard Music Selections Performed for Beach Wedding Ceremonies
- As guests arrive we perform music with tropical, island, and love themes.
- Seating of the mothers: Pachelbel’s Canon in D
- Entrance of the wedding party: Bach’s Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desire, or Trumpet Tune
- Bride’s procession: Wagner’s Bridal Chorus (Here Comes the Bride)
* Note – Upon advance request, the Conch Shell may be sounded to announce the beginning of the Bride’s Procession
Other acoustic steel drum selections commonly performed as family and guests arrive on the beach:
Amazing Grace, Anna, And I Love Her (Beatles), Blue Bayou, Boardwalk, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Devil Woman, Don’t Worry Be Happy, From This Moment, Here Comes the Sun, Hot, How Sweet It Is (James Taylor), Jamaican Farewell, La Paloma, Margaritaville, Mary’s Boy Child, Montego Bay, Ode to Joy, On and On, Over the Rainbow, Pearly Shells, Sloop John B., Three Little Birds, Tiny Bubbles, Up On the Roof, Vangelis Hymne, White Sandy Beaches, Wonderful World, Yellow Bird, You Raise Me Up.
- Recessional: Mendelssohn’s Wedding March
Beach Wedding Common Questions and Answers:
1. Normally a beach ceremony is around 30 minutes. Would the ceremony fee include playing while guests are arriving/departing?
For Beach Wedding Ceremonies we usually arrive on location 1 hour prior to the start of the ceremony. 30 minutes prior to the ceremony we are set up along side the wedding arch and seating area performing music selections with island, beach, tropical, and love themes as the families and guests arrive. For the seating of the mothers we usually perform Pachelbel’s Canon in D. As the bridal party processes we perform Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desire. The standard for the Bride’s entrance is the Bridal March (Here Comes the Bride). The Recessional is usually the Wedding March. Some couples depart from the norm and have us play songs like Can’t Help Falling In Love, What a Wonderful World, or How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You.
Following the ceremony a short postlude is performed as guests depart.
2. What do you normally wear to a beach wedding function?
The common dress for Beach Wedding Ceremonies is khaki pants, island tropical shirts, and sandals. Occasionally couples request white shirts.
3. Is there a required contract, and when are payments due?
To reserve the date on our calendar we require a contract and 50% deposit – the balance due 30 days prior to the event.
4. Do you require electricity on the beach?
No electricity is required for beach performances. With 2 sets of steel drums performing we have melody, harmonies, and rhythms covered by the drums.
**To request a quote, please use our contact form on the right hand side of the page, visit our Contact page, or just email us at ambrock (at ) cox (dot) net